Run, Rosie, Run!!!

     If there's anything that I love more than or just as much as the art of fashion, it is hands down, RUNNING.  Because most people dislike/hate running I always feel the need to try to persuade them to give it a try, so here's my stab at it with YOU.  I fell in love with running right after high school and haven't looked back since then.  I started off at a steady pace and pretty soon was running 5 miles every day.  Every year I improved my time and distance and so I started setting goals for myself.  For the last couple of years I've been running about 7 miles every day, it's a form of therapy that I can't explain.  For me, running is my "ME TIME".  I can be in the worst of moods and nothing can cure that better than a nice long run.
     Last summer I bumped it up to 8 miles on weekdays, and 10 miles on weekends (YES! I RUN EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK-7 DAYS).  During the week of Thanksgiving I had the entire week off from work so I took that time to set my most ambitious goal to date...12 miles at an 8 minute per mile pace. I did it!!! Up to that point I had put off running a marathon because running is something that I love and do for fun not for competitive reasons.  I always told my fiancee (also a runner in his own right) that I would do a marathon when the right cause came along, something that I was passionate about.
     When I heard about the Safari Park Half Marathon (pictured below) I knew that I HAD to do it.  I'm extremely passionate about Animal Rights and helping in any way possible.  I'm so excited and happy to say that all race proceeds will go towards building an exciting new habitat for tigers at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park which is why I decided on this particular Marathon.  I will be keeping you up to date on my running stats and am excited to share with you that as of right now I'm up to 12 miles at a time of 1:50 which is right on track with my goal to running the entire course (approximately 13 miles) under 2 hours. I have a little bit over a month until "THE BIG DAY" and I grow more anxious each day. CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 sweet notes:

EriqFelix said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment