Style Spotlight...Carey Mulligan!

     As soon as I laid eyes on the images of Carey Mulligan at the 2010 BAFTA Brittania Awards in Los Angeles I had to find out who designed the lovely frock she was wearing.  The gorgeous dress she wore is by Preen 2011 Spring Collection.  I love the fact that it's reminiscent of Old Hollywood Starlets with its voluminous yet lady-like A line skirt and delicate, romantic beaded details in the top bodice.  The YSL Palais Pumps she paired with the dress are perfection,  the electric blue color is just enough to give the entire look a fresh and youthful punch. Her flawless make-up and sleek hair perfectly complimented the entire look.  Outfits like this are one of the many reasons why I wish I had grown up in a different era, one in which women dressed to the nines with gloves, pill box hats and ultra feminine dresses a la Lucy Ricardo.




1 sweet notes:

Andee Layne said...

im absolutely loving that dress! So feminine!

Post a Comment